Human body is linked with joints and they are most important to maintain the flexibility of every part. Joints are pulled into motion by muscles, cartilage, tendons and ligaments. Injury or disorder of any joint of our body not only affects that part but also affects the adjoining body parts. In fact aging can also restrict or decrease the flexibility of our joints. That is why it is very important to keep the joints healthy and fit to maintain the motion of our body. Following wellness tips should be followed to prevent injury or degeneration of the joint:
- Regularly perform low impact and simple exercises like yoga, swimming, cycling etc. to keep the joints moving.
- Maintain flexibility of the body by doing simple stretches every day.
- Take omega 3 fatty acids from foods like fish, walnuts, flaxseeds etc. to reduce joint soreness or stiffness.
- Keep joint cartilages strong by taking vitamin C from foods like oranges, lemon, papaya, pineapple etc.
- Either take supplement calcium with vitamin D or increase the intake of milk and its products regularly.
- Expose your body to early morning sunshine for Vitamin D.
- Listen to your joints and keep an eye on any abnormality as early detection and treatment can prevent the disease to become chronic and painful.
- Keep body weight under control as obesity is one of the main reasons for many of the joint disorders.
- Avoid those movements or positions that put extra stress on the joints.